- How Much Do Dental Crows Cost?
- How long will my Dental Crowns Last?
- How can I make sure they last as long as possible?
- Does getting a Dental Crown hurt?
- Is Teeth Sensitivity Normal After Getting A Crown?
The national average for the cost of dental crowns is broad, somewhere between $500 to $3,000 per tooth without insurance. When patients are receiving their dental crown after a procedure like a root canal or as part of their dental implants, the cost may appear higher because it is part of the overall procedure. In general, the cost of dental implants can be reduced significantly if you have insurance and depending on the type of material used to make your crown. There are five possible materials for dental crowns and their costs range accordingly per tooth:
- $300-$500 – Stainless Steel Crown
- $600-$1300 – All Resin Crowns
- $800-$1400 – Metal and Gold Crowns
- $875-$1400 – Porcelain Fused to Metal Crowns
- $800-$3000 – Ceramic & Porcelain Crowns
Although dental crowns are strong, they are not made to last forever. But they can last for a long time if you care for them properly and maintain proper oral hygiene habits. To coax the longest life out of your crown, your dental crown should be fitted properly. Your dentist will ensure that your new dental crown offers a precise fit to your bite. If you brush and floss regularly, your crown should last anywhere from 15 to 20 years.
To ensure that your new crown lasts for a long time, avoid clenching or grinding your teeth, as this could damage your crown through cracking or chipping. An individually tailored mouthguard can be provided to you to protect your teeth.
Avoid biting your fingernails or chewing on hard objects, like ice or hard candy. Brush your teeth at least twice daily and floss them once per day to maintain your oral health and help your crown last as long as possible.
Most patients find getting a dental crown does not involve any pain. Before you even undergo such a procedure, your dentist will use a local anesthetic to completely numb the area. After you have received your crown, your body will be recovering from the inflammation that it causes. You may feel numb for a few hours until your anesthetic has faded away.
You may experience some temporary discomfort or tooth sensitivity for a few days after receiving a dental crown. Some patients have sensitivity whenever they brush, floss, chew or bite. This type of post-procedure sensitivity goes away within about one week after placement of the crown. If you should experience pain or sensitivity after this period, contact your dentist for recommendations.
Experience Same-Day Dental Crowns at Kemmet Dental Design
Dental crowns are a popular and effective restorative dental treatment option for damaged or weakened teeth. They provide strength, protection, and aesthetics, allowing you to restore the functionality and appearance of your smile. If you are in Minot, ND, and in need of dental crowns, look no further than Kemmet Dental Design, where you can experience the convenience of same-day dental crowns.
The Benefits of Dental Crowns
Dental crowns are custom-made restorations that cover the entire visible portion of a tooth. They are designed to resemble your natural teeth in size, shape, and color, ensuring a seamless and natural-looking result. Dental crowns offer a range of benefits, including:
- Tooth Protection: Dental crowns provide a protective barrier for weak or damaged teeth, preventing further deterioration and potential tooth loss.
- Enhanced Functionality: Crowns restore the strength and functionality of damaged teeth, allowing you to bite, chew, and speak with confidence.
- Improved Aesthetics: Dental crowns can significantly improve the appearance of misshapen, discolored, or severely worn down teeth, giving you a brighter and more youthful smile.
- Long-Lasting Solution: With proper care and maintenance, dental crowns can last for many years, providing a durable and reliable solution for your dental needs.
Same-Day Dental Crowns at Kemmet Dental Design
At Kemmet Dental Design, we understand the value of your time and strive to provide efficient and convenient dental solutions. That’s why we offer same-day dental crowns using cutting-edge CEREC technology. This advanced system combines digital imaging, computer-aided design, and in-house milling to fabricate high-quality, custom dental crowns right in our office.
Here’s how our same-day dental crown process works:
- Digital Impressions: Instead of messy traditional impressions, we use digital scans to capture precise images of your teeth and gums.
- Design and Customization: Using computer-aided design technology, we create a 3D model of your crown. Our skilled dentists then meticulously customize the crown to match your natural teeth.
- In-House Milling: Once the design is finalized, our CEREC milling machine crafts your dental crown from a solid block of high-quality ceramic. This process ensures a precise fit and optimal aesthetics.
- Immediate Placement: After milling, your custom crown is ready for placement. It can be bonded securely to your tooth the same day, saving you the inconvenience of multiple appointments and temporary crowns.
By offering same-day dental crowns, Kemmet Dental Design saves you time and prioritizes your convenience without compromising on the quality of care. Our skilled dentists and advanced technology guarantee outstanding results and a seamless experience.
Trust Your Smile to Kemmet Dental Design
If you are in need of dental crowns and desire a quick and efficient solution, Kemmet Dental Design in Minot, ND, is the ideal choice. Experience the convenience of same-day crowns without sacrificing quality or aesthetics. Schedule a consultation with our knowledgeable team and take the first step towards restoring your smile with same-day dental crowns at Kemmet Dental Design.
CONTACT YOUR DENTIST
Send us a message directly and we will get back to you as soon as possible.