Solea® CO2 Laser (Tooth and Gums)
Solea® CO2 Laser (tooth and gums)
Solea Laser is one of the most exciting technologies new to Kemmet Dental Design. Solea Laser is a 9.3 micron CO2 laser, unique in dentistry. Trying not to get too technical, this laser is an evolution in dental technology.
What can this laser be utilized for? This is one of the most common questions we are asked, and to be honest, almost everything.
- Cavity removal in both children and adults, mostly anesthetic or needle free
- Tongue tie removal, infants to adults
- Sealant preparation
- Tooth uncovery for quicker eruption
- Operculectomy (removal of chronic irritated tissue on and behind teeth)
- Frenectomy release (muscle attached too close to tooth)
- Vestibuloplasty (allowing a denture to sit more properly with more retention)
- Gum recontouring for esthetics
- Recontouring and hemostasis of gum tissue after tooth fractures or deep filling removals
- Bone removal for tooth lengthening and esthetics
- Periodontal bone recontouring and tissue healing
- Oral Surgery for tooth removal
- Assisting implant placement and implant recovery
While having laser assisted decay removal, patients note that it feels as if we are lightly blowing air and water on the tooth (which we technically are!) But no real pain is noted. In adults, we find that if your teeth are not too sensitive, you will likely benefit from laser treatment. If you have overly sensitive teeth, ones that would not be comfortable blowing cold air and water on, we will likely have to place some local anesthetic. In our experience, children do extremely well with our Solea laser!